- The primary responsibility of this role is to design and detail Aircraft - is to design and detail Fuel Airframe products/components/ Test Rigs to meet the design, manufacturability, assembly and safety requirements.
- Create innovative Mechanical/Electromechanical product concepts/prototypes based on breakthrough technologies for aerospace applications
- Ability to understand system interactions Mechanical, Electrical and Software systems.
- Provide manufacturability perspective for early concepts and help validate through building appropriate designs. Assist with building prototypes that help in proof of concept and work with external vendors/suppliers.
- Interact with global cross functional teams.
- Position’s main focus will be to provide Mechanical support to Fuel Airframe and Test system/component design and development as per Aerospace industry standards and prevailing engineering practices for Aerospace.
- Lead predictable designs through six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS methodology such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development & existing product improvements
- Build prediction models for the product performance parameters & optimize the performance.
- Understand critical interactions between Mechanical and Electrical components
- Reads and interprets customer design requirements. Ensures compliance to Customer Requirements and tracks customer requirements in database (i.e. DOORS). Some customer interface for project.
- Support & Build prototypes development and test the solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements and support product introduction
- Contribute to Product Technology Roadmaps & come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introduce technical differentiators / value proposition and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
- Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments
- Be an active professional in continuous learning resulting enhancement in organizational objectives
- Performs quality checks to ensure design meet Eaton and customer standards / requirements
- Person must be proficient with GD&T and should be able to perform & review drawings, tolerance stack-up and engineering calculations as required supporting design integrity.
- Should have good understanding of DFM & A (Design for manufacturability & assembly). Shall leverage DFMA principals while working on engineering designs and drawings
- Utilize the PLM (Enovia) system for documentation control and workflow.
- Should have experience of working with Aerospace Products & Standards
- Ensure right quality and on time delivery of drawings & engineering documents.
- Strong analytical, presentation skills.
- Maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies
Strong knowledge of mechanical components & systems. Proven ability to conceive ideas and demonstrate viability through relevant engineering calculations.
Strong fundamentals in CAD and other visualization tools. In depth understanding product performance parameters prediction and optimization
Knowledge of experimental test procedures.
Experience working with vendors/suppliers/testing.
Good invention record.
Experience with the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology and tools necessary.
Strong understanding of Design for Manufacturability, GD&T fundamentals
Proficiency in one or more CAD tools; Preferably CATIA/ Pro-E and experience with PLM toolProfessional :
Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals.
Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organization.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only