Job Title: Senior Engineer #061654
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Aerospace Group based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Aerospace and the primary responsibility of this role is to design and detail Aircraft - is to design and detail Fuel Airframe products/ Pump/Turbomachinery components/ Test Rigs to meet the design, manufacturability, assembly and safety requirements
Your essential responsibilities:
• Create innovativeMechanical/Electromechanical product concepts/prototypes based onbreakthrough technologies for aerospace applications
• Ability to understand system interactionsMechanical, Electrical and Software systems.
• Ability to understand & supportdeveloping business value propositions and assessing commercial impact oftechnology for Aerospace Fuel system components.
• Provide manufacturability perspective forearly concepts and help validate through building appropriate designs. Assistwith building prototypes that help in proof of concept and work with externalvendors/suppliers.
• Interact with global cross functional teams.
• Position’s main focus will be to provideMechanical leadership and support to Fuel Airframe and Test system/componentdesign and development as per Aerospace industry standards and prevailingengineering practices for Aerospace.
• Lead predictable designs through six sigmamethodology for product development. Utilize DFSS methodology such as PDSC,P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development& existing product improvements
• Build prediction models for the productperformance parameters & optimize the performance.
• Understand critical interactions betweenMechanical and Electrical components
• Reads and interprets customer designrequirements. Ensures compliance to Customer Requirements and trackscustomer requirements in database (i.e. DOORS). Some customer interface forproject.
• Support & Build prototypes developmentand test the solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements andsupport product introduction
• Contribute to Product Technology Roadmaps& come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introducetechnical differentiators / value proposition and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
• Maintain effective communications bothverbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments
• Be an active professional in continuouslearning resulting enhancement in organizational objectives
• Performs quality checks to ensure designmeet Eaton and customer standards / requirements
• Person must be proficient with GD&T andshould be able to perform & review drawings, tolerance stack-up andengineering calculations as required supporting design integrity.
• Should have good understanding of DFM &A (Design for manufacturability & assembly). Shall leverageDFMA principals while working on engineering designs and drawings
• Person must be proficient with CATIA V5/Pro-E, should be able to review tolerance stack-up and engineeringcalculations as required supporting design integrity.
• Utilize the PLM (Enovia) system fordocumentation control and workflow.
• Should have experience of working withAerospace Products & Standards
• Ensure right quality and on time delivery ofdrawings & engineering documents.
• Strong analytical, presentation skills.
• Maintain current knowledge/expertise ofproduct engineering technologies
If you are:
Strong knowledge of mechanical components & systems. Proven ability to conceive ideas and demonstrate viability through relevant engineering calculations.
Strong fundamentals in CAD and other visualization tools. In depth understanding product performance parameters prediction and optimization
Knowledge of experimental test procedures.
Experience working with vendors/suppliers/testing.
Good invention record.
Experience with the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology and tools necessary.
Strong understanding of Design for Manufacturability, GD&T fundamentals
Proficiency in one or more CAD tools; Preferably CATIA/Pro-E and experience with PLM tool
Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals.
Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organization.
Highly effective interpersonal skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time