SAP QM Functional Analyst
Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Specialist to join our Product Operations Center of Excellence (PROCOE) team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
The IT Specialist, SAP functional analyst (QM) is responsible to design, model, configure, and implement SAP ERP software and process solutions to meet desired business requirements. They are responsible for analyzing business processes and systems processes, and recommending improvements that use standard Eaton software and processes. This role participates in project implementations, including large scale SAP ERP Deployments, and third level support as required. This position requires the ability to understand and drive regional solutions and implement controls that are fully auditable and compliant with business and control standards, working closely within the SAP Governance framework.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will be responsible for in-depth functional & business process knowledge of SAP ERP System.
- You will work in partnership with divisional and regional business process owners on system requirements, processes, and systems.
- You will manage requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
- You will provide knowledge and input on the system implications of business process changes.
- You will help to identify consolidated, worldwide target processes.
- You will demonstrate analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, dissect high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- You will apply project methodology and governance processes to the change control, system development life cycle and regression testing.
- You will support end-to-end processes and have intermediate level understanding of system touch points.
- You will work with the global governance team to ensure proposed solutions are in-line with global standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in SAP ERP Deployments.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. 5 years IT experience or a graduate of Eaton's Leadership Development Program.
- Completed numerous full life-cycle projects
- Strong level of system expertise - gathered through numerous full-life cycle projects. Experienced knowledge of SAP technical capabilities.
- A strong understanding of the relevant business processes that are supported by the software in the Quality Management space.
- Able to interact with and discuss business process requirements and changes with divisional and regional leadership teams.
- Ability to understand complex business needs and model solutions using software and process improvements, potentially leveraging multiple software modules and/or solutions.
- Green Belt in Six Sigma strongly desired.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish desired.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time