Quality Inspector Night Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our night shift team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
The Quality Inspector will assist in calibration of gages and X-Ray equipment, quality inspector for in-process, incoming, & out-going materials, works to execute departmental work, trains new inspectors, and handles routine clerical duties and required documentation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Inspect and test products and components to engineering drawings and specifications using inspection procedures and sampling plans as specified.
- Performs in-process, receiving, and final inspections.
- Performs complete physical inspection of. components, assemblies and packaged units.
- Record inspection data for historical records, as needed.
- Accurately fills out all necessary paperwork such as serial number logs and special products data sheets.
- Functional knowledge and familiar with Special Government products and related testing and documentation requirements.
- Assists to see that gages are calibrated within the required frequency.
- Working knowledge of ISO procedures, work instructions, and document control (especially engineering drawings).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of La Grange, NC to be considered
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical & electrical drawings, and government specifications
- Excellent math skills, conversions from English to metric and decimals to fractions on part specifications
- Knowledge of basic electrical principles
- Heavy lifting required during hydro testing
- Ability to use statistical sampling plans as required by MIL-STD(s), etc.
- Ability to write & audit ISO Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms to support plant Quality Management System (Microsoft Office software)
- Use of computer software to enter receipts, first article inspection and NCMA’s
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No