Manufacturing Team Lead - 2nd Shift
You will monitor and manage hourly employees
You will update daily reports and track progress and cell team boards
You will correct cause for variances to goal or escalate to supervisor
You will assist with equipment failure or downtime and ensure startups, shutdowns and changeovers are well planned and efficient
You will assist to ensure all operators are trained and qualified to perform their duties and assist with employee related issues.
You will provide technical support to the area of responsibility
You will lead shift change meetings to provide direction to team in order to maximize safety, production, quality, delivery and efficiency
Support the Continuous Improvement leaders and lead continuous improvement activities where necessary
You will provide input to the production supervisor in regards to performance management
You will support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
You will fill in when Manufacturing Supervisor is absent.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR actively/currently pursuing a Bachelor’s program within the past year from an accredited institution.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Forest City, NC to be considered.
- Minimum 1 year experience in leading and providing directions to others
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office applications, MFG-Pro, etc
- Effective leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Ability to act as a change agent and support teambuilding
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No