Senior Analyst - State Tax Governance
Eaton is hiring a Senior Analyst of State Tax Governance in Beachwood, Ohio. Our finance team drives Eaton's fiscal health and properly manages capital to support our strategic objectives. Within the finance organization, the state tax team has an exciting opportunity for a senior analyst - state tax compliance position.
The Senior Tax Analyst – State Tax Governance is a compliance role within Eaton's State and Local Tax (“SALT”) function, reporting to the Manager – State Tax Governance. The position’s primary purpose is to provide assistance in ensuring that Eaton and its US subsidiaries are fully compliant with US state and local tax laws and ASC 740 accounting.
In this role your responsibilities will include (a) gathering of tax return information preparation of state and local income and franchise tax returns, (b) preparation of estimated payments and extension requests, (c) assistance with ASC 740 accounting, (d) completion of state tax research to assist with the analysis of technical issues on an as-needed basis, and (e) assistance with various special projects and state tax process improvements and initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare state and local income tax and franchise tax returns using Corptax software
- You will prepare estimated tax payments and extension request while assuring that Eaton is utilizing appropriate payment methods
- You will assist in the quarterly current and deferred income tax provision process including state effective tax rates, the SALT current provision, and deferred taxes associate with tax attributes and timing differences
- You will assist with responses to state notices and other tax correspondence and will also respond to audit information requests
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of state income tax experience environment or in a large public accounting firm with an emphasis in state income tax
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Eaton's Beachwood, OH facility to be considered
- Corporate state income tax and/or a large public accounting firm experience
- Fundamental understanding of state income tax law with demonstrated experience and ability to apply applicable state tax laws
- Knowledge of the US GAAP accounting principles
- CorpTax experience
- Master’s degree in taxation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform basic research of state tax technical issues
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications, financial accounting systems (Hyperion, Oracle, SAP), and tax compliance programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time