Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Power Systems Division located in Waukesha, WI has an opening for a Human Resources Manager for its manufacturing facility with 150 employees. The role will report directly to the Plant Manager and has 1 direct report – HR Generalist. This position is based at our Lincoln Avenue facility.
As an integral part of the site leadership team, this role will identify, develop and deploy business-driven HR strategies designed to attract, manage, develop, motivate and retain key people while creating a high-performance, sustainable organization capable of achieving the business objectives and action plans. Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: labor relations, staffing, culture, engagement and building organizational capabilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
•You will lead an HR Generalist and serve on the plant leadership team focusing on partnering with peer leaders to drive continuous improvement and functional excellence across the facility.
•You will lead employee and labor relations for 115 plant employees and 35 salary employees across two shifts by building relationships, practicing positive employee engagement and investigating and resolving labor and employee issues timely and effectively.
• You will drive HR functional excellence through deployment of Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content and alignment with the Eaton Business System to achieve goals and objectives. Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
•You will lead the talent management and organizational effectiveness strategy by championing robust cross-training, succession planning, performance management practices and developing talent.
• You will ensure compliance with all country, provincial, federal and state laws and compliance requirements.
•You will lead the talent acquisition strategy for salary and hourly positions while understanding trends in the local and national labor markets, facility turnover and annual profit plan headcount requirements.
•You will lead the building organizational capability process by ensuring high levels of manager effectiveness, employee engagement and inclusion and diversity strategies to ensure facility has the talent and teams needed to meet our customer’s needs and key metrics.
•You will foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize MESH to ensure compliance with state/federal/provincial safety requirements and drive Zero Incident Safety Culture.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years Human Resources experience
- Minimum of one (1) year working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or MBA from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years in a HR Supervisory role
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a manufacturing environment
- PHR or SPHR certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate and align policies and practices to the Eaton Philosophy & Values and Code of Ethics
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels in a highly-matrixed environment
- Demonstrate discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possess good business judgment
- General knowledge of employment laws and ability to apply legal concepts to real world situations
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time