Plant Human Resources Manager
- You will develop, implement & administers positive employee relations programs for the Auburn facility that are consistent with those of the Vehicle Group-North America.
- You will maintain positive relations with the UAW bargaining unit while contributing to the attainment of the strategic and profit plans and working within the principles of the Eaton philosophy.
- You will facilitate the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- You will participates in driving the Eaton Business System, including the HR Operating Review, Operational Assessment, Lean and other core organizational initiatives to ensure standardized, high quality processes throughout Auburn.
- You will ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with governmental and other regulatory requirements, such as EEOC, AAP and OFCCP.
- You will facilitate teams and inclusion activities aimed at improving various Employee Engagement Survey scores.
- You will coordinate training and development programs, including new employee orientation, to meet the needs and objectives of individuals and departments.
- You will direct the administration of benefit programs (both hourly & salaried) at the facility, consistent with Corporate guidelines. Recommends benefit program modifications where appropriate.
- You will direct and coordinate the recruitment, selection and promotion process of applicants to meet salaried requirements.
- You will manage the performance appraisal system, salary planning and organizational capability/succession planning processes across the site.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years HR work experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in human resources or an MBA with a human resources concentration from an accredited institution
- 1 year of experience managing direct reports, including professional salaried positions
- At least 1 year of union experience in a manufacturing environment
- Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, and workers’ compensation
- Strong labor relations skills, including labor law knowledge, contract negotiations & daily contract administration
- Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate and align policies and practices to the Eaton Philosophy & Values and Code of Ethics
- Demonstrate discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possess good business judgment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time