National Account Manager - IT Channel
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, Data Center Vertical, is currently seeking a National Account Manager to join our team. This position is based out of a remote office. All candidates considered must live within a 50 mile radius of one of the following Eaton locations: Tempe, AZ; Chandler, AZ; Glendale Heights, IL.
The National Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales and market development quota consistent with the expectations of a seasoned sales professional. In this role, your primary areas of focus will be profit plan attainment, operations/supply chain management, financial management/execution of marketing plans and functional management of funded resources within Eaton’s Midmarket National practice.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will drive partner enablement, new partner recruitment, partner certifications, etc.
- You will take ownership of financial management and execution of Channel Marketing programs
- You will manage supply chain and stocking programs
- You will develop and foster relationships across all areas of the customer organization (Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, etc.) at all levels (individual contributor up to the VP/C-Level)
- You will implement strategic sales plans to maximize sales growth across Eaton’s full product portfolio of hardware, software and services (conduct Quarterly Business Reviews, Quarterly Product Roadmap calls, New Product Introductions, etc.)
- You will be responsible for Regional Field team collaboration & alignment (Lead monthly pipeline calls, report on Partner performance, Business Plan development for Top Partners/Underperforming Partners/Partner Recruitment, etc.)
- You will manage key market trends, competitor initiatives, etc. that could impact sales and Eaton positioning in the marketplace
- You will provide technical and solution based product training
- You will serve as a functional manager to Eaton funded resources at the customer(s)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of outside selling or channel marketing experience in the IT Channel
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates considered must live within a 50 mile radius of one of the following Eaton locations: Tempe, AZ; Chandler, AZ; Glendale Heights, IL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business from an accredited institution
- Superior knowledge of the sales process and technical background that would support the required product knowledge
- Previous experience in a National Account Management/Channel Development role
- Knowledge and sales experience in the Power industry
- Must be able to travel domestically 50% of the time. Customers are based in Chandler, AZ and Tempe, AZ with additional travel required nationally to support activities/events.
- Aptitude to work remotely with minimum hands-on management therefore must be a self-starter
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior knowledge of the sales process and technical background that would support the required product knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven strategic and tactical program and sales plan execution
- Strong team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong organizational skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time