Data Engineer Specialist
Eaton is proud to announce the launch for our new cutting edge Research and Development Center based in our global headquarters in the heart of Dublin. In the age of Big Data and the Internet of Things, our Center for Intelligent Power focuses on technical capabilities to help develop next-generation power management products and services.
- Working with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, and management of secure, large-scale, highly-distributed, geo-redundant, multi-tenant data stores
- Supporting schema creation for optimized storage coupled with retrieval flexibility while ensuring security
- Recommending, setting up, integrateingand utilizing Big Data tools and frameworks as required for business and data science needs
- Recommending and setting up appropriate performance monitoring solutions; author and implement based on the results
- Demonstrating and documenting solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- Evaluating business requirements to determine potential solutions.
- Author high-quality, highly-performance, unit-tested code to extract and transform data based on business and data science needs
- Working directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems.
- Mentoring others in the use of your tools and techniques
- Providing work estimates and participate in design, implementation, and code reviews
- Developing and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery
- Exploring and recommending new tools and processes which can be leveraged across the data preparation pipeline for capabilities and efficiencies
- Integrating multiple sources of data through efficient ETL and other workflows
- Collaborating broadly across multiple functions (data science, engineering, product management, IT, etc.) to readily make key data readily available and easily consumable
Do you have?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
10+ years’ of progressive experience in developing and designing technology solutions
6+ years’ of experience in the software industry as a developer, with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
2+ years of experience preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, and managing these systems
Ability to write complex queries that are accessible, secure, and perform in an optimized manner with an ability to output to different types of consumers and systems
Strong knowledge of Hive (or similar language) to perform ad hoc queries of large datasets
Solid understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
Experience with in-memory, file-based and other data stores
Solid understanding of Java and/or Python and associated IDE’s (Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
Thorough understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
Basic understanding of data visualization tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau
Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
Experience building APIs to support data consumption needs of other roles
Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts
Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
Knowledgeable in leveraging multiple data transit protocols and technologies (MQTT, Rest API, JDBC, etc)
Knowledge of Hadoop and MapReduce/Spark or related frameworks
Knowledge of cloud development platforms such as Azure or AWS and their associated data storage options
Knowledge of MongoDB, Document DB, CosmosDB
Knowledge of Scala
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time