Senior Engineer - Production
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Havant site, Reporting to the Engineering Manager
Your key deliverables:
· Develop new products or revisions to existing products in order to meet market needs, profitability goals, reliability requirements and manufacturing capability in accordance with standard development practices.
· Initiate project plans, which include the scheduled actions and the resources required to meet the project objectives. Execute projects according to the established plan.
· Write effective test requests for technicians to perform research and experimentation. Analyze results and clearly summarize the findings in technical reports.
· Perform and document design calculations, including simulations and advanced analysis for new designs and design revisions. Conduct product design reviews and follow through on recommended changes.
· Work with manufacturing engineers and supply chain managers to assure manufacturability, cost effectiveness and reliability of the assigned product lines. Perform trade off analysis and conduct VA/VE events.
· Execute Engineering changes, and verify all documentation of new designs or design changes is complete.
· Maintain close liaison with the manufacturing function during the introduction and development of new products. Resolve design related production problems, apply statistical methods as needed. Disposition material that does not conform to product specifications.
· Maintain close liaison with the sales and marketing functions and end customers, as related to application reviews, new product requirements, and major modifications of existing products, customer prototype qualification test requirements and resolving product performance deficiencies.
· Resolve product performance issues through team oriented problem solving and document according to the 8D process.
· Initiate the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
· Initiate and maintain the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) related to new and existing products.
· Maintain professional education through training opportunities in the field of expertise.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical discipline (Mech Eng, Elec Eng, SW Eng, Computer Science, Physics, etc.) or comparable qualification.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
· BS or MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline
· Experience working with model-based design tools such as Matlab/Simulink/3D CAD
· Experience with Hydraulic systems and/or components
· Basic understanding of data acquisition methods and equipment
· Experience with structured product development process
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· A thorough technical knowledge of the product line, that includes product design, test and evaluation, monitoring the manufacturing methods and processes (in-house and/or subcontracted).
· Project Management knowledge to develop project budgets, cost accounting, program planning and management.
· Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No