Senior Technical Writer
Eaton located in Raleigh, NC has an opening for Senior Technical Writer.
As a Senior Technical Writer, responsibilities are to be lead writer for the Power Quality Division’s single-phase and three-phase UPS product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop new content for and revise existing manuals to support the Eaton UPS product line.
- You will create standard and custom user and service manuals in support of Eaton’s UPS product lines
- You will manage documentation and information development projects and work with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You will write in clear, concise, grammatically correct prose to translate engineering level technical information to user/ operator and service level technical customers.
- You will submit and maintain documentation files on the Eaton Sales Web.
- You will maintain contact with Product Management and Engineering teams to keep manuals current.
- You will maintain proficiency with existing desktop publishing and graphics software and support departmental initiatives for adopting new tools.
- You will identify, locate, and retrieve manuals and other related materials used in the development of documentation.
- You will capture and edit graphics needed for documentation.
- You will coordinate outsourced printing and translation jobs.
- You will create and maintain departmental processes, standards, and style guides.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical writing experience required.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit provided
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- 2 years’ experience working with ArborText Editor and Creo Illustrate
- 2 years’ experience working with Adobe FrameMaker and Illustrator
- Intermediate level of expertise with Microsoft Office products
- Experience using 3D animation software
- Experience with uninterruptable power systems
- Experience in an Engineering environment
- Experience with large technical service delivery organizations
- Experience documenting complex electrical hardware systems
- A demonstrated understanding of complex electronics in order to write technical material about UPSs, Power Distribution, and Connectivity products
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize work, and able to quickly shift priorities and projects in a rapid and efficient manner
- Ability to write in clear, concise, grammatically-correct prose to translate engineering-level technical information to service-level technical customers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management mindset
- Ability to interact with subject matter experts and project managers from Training, Engineering, Marketing, and other departments as necessary
- Ability to establish rapport and working relationships with a variety of personalities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time