Senior Embedded Engineer - Firmware
Eaton is looking for a Senior Electrical & Systems Engineer to develop innovative solutions for our three phase Energy Storage products. This position is responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics and other electrical systems and subsystems for three phase power systems. Position’s main focus will be to own the Inverter Controls Requirements, working closely with the Power Quality group.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and grow the team in Pune to support technical design and development
- Finalize requirements for NPI by working together with engaged parties in product management and engineering
- Works closely with Power Quality Electrical and system engineering activities for critical power solutions products
- Champions innovative solutions in a variety of areas: semiconductor devices, power electronics, magnetics, thermal, and digital controls functions
- Performs system and architectural product design
- Analyzes and simulates power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics
- Evaluates alternative solutions to satisfy emerging customer wants and needs.
- Reviews product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and an ability to connect the dots particularly at the system level
- Keeps track of latest power electronics, embedded software and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to power electronics applications.
- Applies Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Listens to and understands the “Voice of the Customer”
The candidate will integrate components from an existing Linux toolkit to develop an application that communicates power electronics data to customers via various Ethernet protocols.
· Real Time Embedded Software Design and Development using C and C++
- Three years’ experience with Linux kernel programming, kernel porting, Linux system integration, multi-thread programming, build root, and embedded distributions.
- Linux shell scripting
- Familiarity with the latest Cybersecurity best practices and standards
- Ability to update existing build systems with new build systems
- Ability to perform system configuration
- Well versed with cross compiling, interface and web development
- Modbus TCP Server and Client Development in C
- Knowledge of BacNet and SNMP
- Linux kernel driver development is a plus
- Knowledge of source control tools such as Git or SVN
- System and stress testing and other Linux operations
- Setup of access controls
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No