Tool Room Technician (12 hour night)
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Tool Room Technician to join our 12 hour night shift team. This position is based at our Roxboro, NC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manufacture various components by reading and understanding component prints and utilizing tool-room equipment including vertical machining centers, turning centers, lathes, cylindrical grinders, surface grinders, and other specialized equipment.
- You will use basic knowledge in programming using (G) and (M) codes.
- You will support production requirements by assisting with projects that may include machine assembly and component integration.
- You will support 5S of the tool-room area by actively participating in daily and special activities to improve and maintain the 5S and overall effectiveness of the tool-room.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must have a 2 year Associate’s Degree in Precision Machining Technology OR currently pursuing a degree in Precision Machining
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Roxboro, NC will be considered
- Ability to interpret basic blueprints & mechanical drawings
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No