Assembler (1st Shift)
- You will perform a wide range of assembly, cabling and wiring operations including; cutting, marking (rubber stamping, heat impression and labeling), heat shrinking, stripping, basic soldering, crimping, insertion of contacts and tinning of wires.
- You will work from assembly process sheets, marking sheets, verbal instructions and visual aids. Maintain a consistent quality of workmanship and while satisfying production standards.
- You will perform repetitive tasks and effectively utilize a wide assortment of hand tools.
- You will detect and report unusual or non-conforming documentation, materials or conditions to supervisor. Also required to follow good housekeeping practices in work area and maintain hand tools and supplies in a clean and orderly condition, including paying attention to expiration dates on flux solder and other materials.
- You will comply with safety rules and regulations and always seek assistance when in doubt. Be vigilant for the safety of oneself, co-workers and especially new employees. Proper usage of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and adherence to applicable safety results is condition of employment.
- Minimum of one year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Chelsea facility will be considered
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be a US Person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a US Person as a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident, Political Asylee or Refugee
- MIL standard solder certification desired
- Understanding of verbal instructions, visual aids, engineering drawings and bubble wiring schematics
- Must be proficient in using a computer and MS Office products
- Ability to sit for long periods while performing tasks
- Must have good attention to detail and above average manual dexterity
- While detailed work instructions are provided, some singular work planning is expected in order to achieve optimal efficiency
- Typically requires very minimal supervision while performing more than one assembly job at a time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No