Head of Engineering - eMobility
Reporting to the President of Eaton’s e-Mobility business, the Head of Engineering will be the lead representative of e-Mobility in the technology roadmap execution, to internal and external stakeholders, and facilitate learning and knowledge transfer across a global engineering team, define best practice engineering methods, and identify creative power management solutions to our customers most pressing challenges.
- You will provide ongoing leadership to global Engineering teams, setting strategic goals for Engineering teams, in regards development of new product and customer solutions, and execution on agreed upon deliverables.
- You will provide thought-leadership related to technical solutions, product capabilities, pursuit activities, and the integration of such into vehicle systems.
- You will be responsible for overall resource planning and management, monitoring of financial performance, and spending of all Engineering activities and optimization of staff and delivery scope against financial targets.
- You will partner with Manufacturing to ensure alignment around manufacturability of new products, and solutions, and successful industrialization of those.
- You will stay abreast of latest technology solutions, technical trends, and competitor product offerings to integrate into annual planning efforts and technology roadmaps.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering.
Minimum of 15 years of progressive engineering experience.
Minimum of 8 years of direct leadership experience.
Direct automotive or consumer electronics expertise required.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
International leadership experience, especially in managing global teams preferred.
Experience in a technical start-up environment highly preferred.
Masters degree in Engineering highly preferred.
Proven leadership skills including: Team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking; a self-starter with a high energy level.
A strong technical foundation, with knowledge of engineering design, and design for manufacturability.
Inspiring leadership with the ability to facilitate a results-oriented learning culture.
Detail oriented with strong organization skills, ownership, and follow through.
Strong collaborative instincts, and strategic experience.
Excellent verbal, virtual, and written communications, ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a global setting.
High executive presence.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time