Engineering Program Manager
- Ethical - We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.
- Passionate - We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- Accountable - We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- Efficient - We value speed and simplicity.
- Transparent - We say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- Learn - We are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs to support you now and as you plan for the future
- Wellness programs and resources to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Paid time off with vacation and holiday observance
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Donation matching (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Recognition programs for a wide range of achievements
- Referral program to reward you for helping us find the right candidate
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Casual dress policy that allows jeans in the office
- Work with a cross functional team to manage programs from concept to commercial execution and post-sales support including service packs and bug fixes
- Coordinates closely with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams to document project scope and objectives
- Integrate business, marketing and technology elements to create a cohesive project vision and team charter.
- Coordinates with one or more scrum teams in a waterfall and Agile environment to maintain a project plan aligned with Eaton stage gate product development process
- Manages project and product definition activities related to marketing and/or technical requirements
- Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology.
- Execute programs within scope, time and budget.
- Document project activities, issues, concerns and status to keep management informed and enable timely resolution of project problems.
- Participate in the development and use of project management procedures and guidelines at Eaton
- Create schedule, identify critical path, and maintain throughout execution.
- Manages new product development and introductions of electrical, mechanical, software, and firmware products.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule
Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates the stage gate processes
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing embedded software projects or software development projects
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in program management or engineering team management of new mechanical, electrical, and software product development and market introductions.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of the work location will be considered
PMI certification and/or Scrum Master certification
Experience with Agile project management methodologies
Experience with Atlassian tool suit or similar system to track development progress and interact with the team.
Experience working with geographically dispersed engineering and business teams
Experience working with third party consultants and partners
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of best practices in software development methodologies, processes, and technologies
Proficient with project/program management tools such as MS Project and other bug tracking applications
Strong leader with excellent communication, organizational and people skills and the ability to work across functional groups
Proven track record of managing new product developments through a stage gate process
Financial acumen to complete required capital appropriation request for the assigned programs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time