Program Manager - Level I
- Manage the Profit and Loss of the NPD projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Execute IPT leadership across the Project(s). Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Provides feedback on performance indicators.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintain metrics for project for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the project. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all project activities and deliverables and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Provides periodic project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional levels.
- Plays a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Provides overall Project interface with the customer.
- Bachelors degree required - Engineering degree preferred
- Experience as a Program Manager in automotive or commercial vehicles industry related with powertrain;
- Experience can be combined with previous Engineering and/or Product Development Management
- Experienced in New Product Development (NPD) programs; Standard Transition Process (STP) and Value
- Added / Value Engineering (VA-VE) initiatives Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT).
- Developing to fully demonstrating in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations
- Fluent English Skills.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (SAPM or PMP) highly recommended
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time