- You will analyze material requirements; plan and initiate schedules to support customer production & new program development schedules and plans; manage shop floor scheduling; level load orders based on capacity in the cell
- You will manage work orders to ensure manufacturing has necessary work at all times, and communicate on overtime requirements
- You will expedite orders for customers where possible; expedite shortages with buyers; communicate updates to customer service
- You will ensure work orders for their areas of responsibility are current, not past due, not in pick status for long periods of time
- You will support potential miss meetings to ensure on time completion of critical orders, be proactive
- for area of responsibility: manage item parameters and settings in MRP system, minimize past due sales dollars, quality issues, resolve supplier shortages, customer on-time delivery
- You will support plant continuous improvement teams and align to “Key” High Performance Work teams, and act as team lead for critical issues within entire Value Stream
- You will effectively train and mentor new employees, and convey the importance of goal attainment and competencies
- You will learn the scope and responsibilities of the Master Scheduler role and act as back-up to this function.
- You will initiate and lead cost out projects, generates IDEAS from suppliers on cost out savings
- You will coordinate supplier communication between internal departments
- You will apply skillful negotiations with internal and external suppliers; problem solve and settle disputes; develop win-win resolutions, and create positive relations with tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- You will define and apply complex data analysis and analytical tools for process improvement
- You will drive process channel knowledge for acquiring materials and/or services in order to ensure delivery requirements for commodities and/or service customers
- You will possess sound knowledge and applications skills of the value chain process; and possess strong ability to analyze and interpret cost drivers when developing cost out strategies
- You will create innovative approaches for utilizing and applying project management tools and techniques for procurement applications
- You will prepare reports and other correspondence for use by Eaton SCM professionals
- You will coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management
- You will execute other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required with at least two (2) years of manufacturing, supply chain, and/or production experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Sound understanding of customer requirements, quality requirements, lead times
- Expertise in work order management, production, capacity and demand planning, and scheduling
- BOM material management, item master setup, MRP principles, and ERP experience
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills in complex and demanding situations that undergo continuous priority changes
- Sound knowledge of Eaton commodity products and supplier resources
- Must have ability to analyze data, review to determine key action items, and present comfortably in front of plant management
- Autonomously execute B side (strategic and long- term) projects
- Effectively communicate with customers without managerial support
- This position exhibits expert communications for internal and external customer interactions.
- Limited travel is required (<10%)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only