Commodity Lead, Supply Chain EMEA
- Develop, plan, monitor and execute direct material cost down projects utilizing the Eaton Standard Sourcing Process. The projects will provide NET 3% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
- Implement and execute on global commodity sourcing strategies to effectively leverage Eaton’s global Filtration spend in conjunction with the Global Commodity Manager to deliver cost benefits.
- Help keep commodity strategies aligned with latest internal and external environmental, market and economic factors. Build and maintain organizational consensus and alignment to the commodity strategies.
- Negotiates and manages key strategic supplier agreements, cost negotiations and relationships
- Manage the supplier quality interface (APQP) to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as “high risk.” Interface with suppliers, product engineering, and the Eaton plant to drive on-time project completion. Work projects through ramp up and successful launch.
- Manage the supplier identification and selection for New Product Development projects for assigned commodities.
- Responsible to maintain supply continuity via risk identification and mitigation.
- Develop positive relationships with suppliers and demonstrates Eaton’s ethics, values and philosophy.
- Conducts Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis.
- Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years (5 years preferred) of Manufacturing, Engineering, or Supply Chain experience
- Proficient in spoken and written English & German.
- Project Management experience
- Buying and strategic procurement experience
- Strong understanding of key commodities and their impact to the business
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, capable of developing plans and actions to achieve targeted goals
- Interpersonal skills and ability to lead project teams
- Indirect leadership skills
- Results and detail-oriented
- Successful negotiator
- Experience working globally and dealing with multi-national and off-shore suppliers
- Analytical thinking
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/index.htm.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time