Configuration Development Engineer
Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently hiring for a Configuration Development Engineer to join our team. This position will be based out of our Waukesha, WI office.
The Configuration Development Engineer will be responsible for providing leadership in the formulation, execution, and maintenance of Power Systems product line configurator programs in support of sales growth and profitability for the PSD product lines. This role will focus in the short term on the creation of these tools and in the long term on driving automation and efficiencies to align strategic goals and profitability associated with Sales and Operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will incorporate Power Systems Division products into Eaton's proprietary configuration platform for electronic product quotation, configuration and ordering. This includes developing the definitions of simple and complex quotation rule sets, including engineering validation, business rules, and pricing data.
- You will input and manage product configuration rules in a proprietary spreadsheet-driven tool (PICK tables).
- You will lead software testing, software documentation, and user support for the configuration software. Coordinate with marketing and IT to achieve system updates for price changes, product introductions, and general enhancements.
- You will coordinate sales feedback and benchmark other configurations to implement core system and application enhancements within Power Systems configuration tool.
- You will participate in implementation of new product launches by leading integration into Eaton’s quotation configurator.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the electrical industry or with configuration software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or IT from an accredited institution.
- Relational Database or Programming experience.
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of electrical distribution products.
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve using logic.
- Computer / IT / Software savvy.
- Database or programming understanding.
- Detail orientation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time