Regional Sales Manager - SouthEast
Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager for the Southeast region of the United States.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for:
Managing, directing and assisting a sales team to serve customer base in all aspects of relationship. Managing multiple distributors requires tact and judgment in dealing with channel conflict between distributors competing for sales within the same marketing area.
Contacts customers, distributors, and/or Original Equipment Manufacturers to resolve technical product application malfunctions to determine if problem was caused by our product, misapplication by the customer, or components supplied by others. Development of new business by application of standard product line or redesign units to meet customer technical requirements. Gathering, evaluating, and forecasting of fluid power marketing data for Eaton and competitor products.
Trains, motivates and monitors a sales team consisting of Area Sales Managers to maximize their sales efforts as professional representatives of Eaton Hydraulics. Conducts regular performance evaluations as part of the APEX Process (Performance Management).
Develops and executes region operating plan (sales plan) and APEX objectives to achieve or exceed sales objectives and meet sales forecasts for the region.
Develops and communicates the strategy for the region that is aligned with Eaton Hydraulics strategy. Compiles database of competitive sales information to establish market share position. Develops gap analysis of share position in region to identify share growth opportunities. Develops action plans to realize growth in gap areas.
Maintains effective communications between the customer, the sales team and the Eaton Organization.
Monitors performance of distributors and/or OEM's. Achieves sales goals and market penetration. When appropriate, works closely with the Area Sales Manager to execute a termination or addition of a distributor.
Plans and conducts technical and sales seminars to update distributors and/or OEM's on current and new products.
Approves rebate requests and customer proposals prepared by team members. Provides assistance and direction as required.
Consults with subordinates regarding technical problems, objectives, customer relations, competitive pricing, etc. Provides solutions and direction.
Provides punctual market condition reports, expense reports, customer sales and margin reports, and other required reports.
Forecasts customer sales and product needs as required.
Maintains accurate customer files and records.
Reports competitive and market information as necessary.
Prepares and submits as required both Salary Position Questionnaires and Salary Change Adjustments.
Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
Manages various rebate systems and approves pricing where required.
Participates in various Product Line and Business Management Teams.
Creates and assigns territory expense budgets to sales personnel.
Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements.
This position will be located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional sales, marketing or business development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid unrestricted US driver's license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- 3 years previous industrial products sales management
- Experience in technical sales of industrial products (Fluid Connectors, Hydraulics and Hydrostatics preferred) to apply divisional products to a variety of customer requirements in many marketing areas: i.e., machine tool, mining, agriculture, irrigation, marine, forestry, construction, material handling, etc.
- Communication and team leadership skills to influence and motivate team members, customers, and divisional personnel to achieve marketing and sales objectives.
- Basic understanding and implementation of antitrust laws, such as Robinson-Patman & Sherman Act in working relations with distributors and Original Equipment Manufacturers.
- Understanding of customers and/or distributors’ business, where applicable, in order to assist them in the sales, service and inventory of our products.
- Managing multiple distributors requires tact and judgment in dealing with channel conflict between distributors competing for sales within the same marketing area.
- Contacts customers, distributors, and/or Original Equipment Manufacturers to resolve technical product application malfunctions to determine if problem was caused by our product, misapplication by the customer, or components supplied by others.
- Development of new business by application of standard product line or redesign units to meet customer technical requirements.
- Gathering, evaluating, and forecasting of fluid power marketing data for Eaton and competitor products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal
employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,
disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or
any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time