Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
- You will drive factory automation through the development of design specifications, programs, simulations and test processes. Provide start-up assistance for automation and control systems design in a manufacturing environment.
- You will develop or purchase manufacturing equipment, fixtures, and tooling.
- You will create and improve manufacturing documentation, including operator method sheets (work instructions), standard work, and other instruction.
- You will employ Value Stream Maps to evaluate process current state and plan/execute future state.
- You will identify, design, justify, quote and Implement Cost Reduction projects in line with change management process.
- You will utilize lean tools, kaizen, and six sigma - train the production team. Champions CI / OPEX focused initiatives.
- You will participate with multi-functional product development teams to ensure manufacturability of new designs through the ProLaunch process and Preventative Maintenance Optimization process.
- You will evaluate equipment downtime to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs; applies technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop equipment, fixturing, procedures, processes, tooling and/or automation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time