Contracts Manager/Contracts Attorney
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Contracts Manager/Contracts Attorney to join our team! This position is based in Moon Township, PA or Raleigh, NC.
In this role, you must be a full-time problem solver who shapes and carries out contract negotiation strategies on a high volume and wide array of agreements by displaying inquisitiveness, the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter and articulate plans to address through collaboration, relationship building and direct communication.
You will develop yourself and others by proactively identifying unique business scenarios found throughout all aspects of the contract lifecycle, thinking big and differently, formulating executive-level recommendations and implementing process improvements to drive speed and simplicity by gaining credibility, influencing and partnering across a diverse array of cross-functional teams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will bring a great attention to detail in the review, analysis and interpretation of contractual terms found across a variety of routes to market for transactions ranging from the purchase or sale of goods to complex, multi-million dollar design, build, commission projects in strategic global market segments.
- You will craft innovative approaches for handling complex legal language in a wide range of commercial transactions by balancing the opportunities and risks created for various functional teams who look to you for solid analysis, sound judgment and creative and practical contractual guidance even in ambiguous situations.
- You will plan and execute against a portfolio of complex, strategic negotiations simultaneously in a fast-paced and fun team environment where you must be proactive, results-driven and continually challenging yourself and others to achieve the ultimate objectives in a timely manner.
- You will be a self-starter, passionate and a great communicator in order to establish relationships and build emotional connectivity which drives and inspires both internal and external customers. Demonstrate a genuine ability to and interest in building relationships with key customers both internal and external to Eaton so you can anticipate and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- You will coordinate the full contract lifecycle among various functional teams including sales, operations, finance and others with great follow through, tactical and strategic advice, the ability to manage expectations and employ sound judgment and business sense to escalate to executive level management
- You will structure, draft and partner on contract negotiations both independently and in collaboration with other contracts professionals or leaders within sales or operations where the ability to persuade is a key success factor.
- You will consistently display a strong desire and ability to develop and implement tools and automation in contracting operations in order to increase the speed and simplicity of contracting processes
- You will influence contract policies and procedures to ensure they scale with changing business requirements while meeting evolving legal requirements
- You will be driven to develop new skills and learn new concepts which form the basis for leading edge terms, innovative negotiation strategies and professional development.
- You will identify and implement opportunities to develop efficient, comprehensive, long-term approaches to contracting processes which influence all aspects of the business.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 2 years of contracts or project management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of negotiation experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is provided. All candidates considered must live within a 50 mile radius of Raleigh, NC or Moon Township, PA.
- Contracts certifications (CPCM, CFCM or CCCM)
- Project management certifications (PMP, PgMP, PfMP or PMI-RMP)
- Well-versed in MS Office software programs
- Able to effectively interface with high level management
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Travel up to 10 percent
- Able to demonstrate strong drive for results in order to address heavy volume of projects along with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills needed in order to successfully negotiate from difficult selling position on key areas of concern (i.e., direct, consequential and liquidated damages).
- Able to handle stressful situations with professionalism and calm demeanor.
- Negotiating with external customer Attorneys, VP of Procurement, Buyers, Engineering Procurement Companies, and numerous other parties.
- Visibility with management staff in Electrical Sector operations, Presidents of business units, attorneys, controllers, and other functions.
- Develop and conduct training programs to multiple corporate functions on contracts.
- Able to interface with counterparts in other regions to negotiate global contracts in light of increasing global customer requirements.
- Confidence communicating with all levels of internal and external organizations; including delivering difficult messages and challenging current assumptions
- Demonstrated interest and passion in ways to make activities more efficient and innovative from initiation of contract matters (RFQ) through close-out.
- Work effectively with other groups and departments on all matters of project activities that may require Contract Department contributions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong awareness of what type of communication is appropriate for what audience
- Comfortable operating in both structured and unstructured environments.
- Understand and articulate the business case behind decisions.
- Ability to encourage and build positive relationships and communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with all co-workers and outside customers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time