Regional Supply Chain Manager (at any EMEA location)
Location: any EMEA location with high preference in Hungary, United Kingdom, Poland, Italy and Turkey
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As a Regional Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible of supply chain activities and performance for EMEA region including cost out, supplier performance and supply risk to EMEA business. You will work with global commodity team to deploy and execute global commodity strategy and actively provide input from EMEA market.
You will manage regional commodity team, supplier development function as well as SCM program managers to drive cost out, localization and new product development as well as supplier performance and will work cross-functionally with product management, manufacturing, engineering, and materials management to develop and execute procurement strategies which meet the organization’s cost, quality, delivery, growth, new product development and other prime goals.
You will manage the strategic procurement, supplier development and project activities for ~$600M of Hydraulics business in EMEA region, controlling ~$260M of direct material spend across two product lines Power Motion Controls and Fluid Conveyance. This is in support of 11 manufacturing plants in EMEA. Additionally responsibility for global Hose Materials strategic sourcing with commodity value close to ~$300M .
Your main duties :
· Manager of People – Build a competent and sustainable team of commodity managers, supplier development engineers and supply chain project leaders. Provide leadership in development of individuals within the direct material procurement functions through motivating, coaching, goal setting and personal development initiatives.
· Provide leadership and guidance in the deployment of global commodity strategies for all direct materials.
· Set strategic direction with Commodity Managers to support divisional cost, quality, delivery, supplier reduction, business model changes and sourcing goals.
· Apply business acumen to ensure that current commodity strategies are updated with the latest internal/external environmental factors. Achieve organizational consensus and alignment with the supplier-facing strategies.
· Guide and advise Commodity Managers and plant Materials Managers on supply and replenishment strategies to ensure supplier on time deliveries with progressively shorter lead-times.
· Lead Supplier Development Engineers to identify suppliers requiring improvement with regard to on-time delivery, quality or business processes. This includes developing the improvement plan through execution to attain results.
· Analyze and approve supplier negotiation strategies and supplier contracts to optimize the total cost of ownership for Eaton Corp.
· Serve as the Global SCM Gatekeeper for New Product Development projects moving through Eaton ProLaunch methodology to ensure alignment with sourcing strategies and the global manufacturing footprint.
· Build strategic global supply base that meets the organization’s performance requirements. Manage supply base to achieve these goals working with engineering, manufacturing operations and the plant supply chain personnel.
· Develop systems, methodologies and tools to improve standardized purchasing process / divisional operating procedures.
· Serve as the commodity & market expert providing guidance to other functional areas in the organization as required, in support of profit plan, price actions and material price variance forecasting.
· Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct.
· Manage supplier compliance and communications associated with Eaton Corporate initiatives (Ethics compliance, EHS requirements, etc.).
· Support corporate supply chain programs and initiatives, for example Diversity Spend, International Procurement Office and other corporate projects.
· Support business restructuring program in EMEA region.
· Regional Cost Out Champion for Hydraulics EMEA; responsible for coordinating/creating the regional Profit Plan for EMEA for 8 categories; Direct SCM, Direct VAVE, Indirect, Logistics, Freight, Lean, CONC, Support expenses
· Serve as the Regional SCM Gatekeeper for ERP systems
· SCM Lead for acquisitions & integrations within EMEA region
· Support operations, lead make-buy projects, ERP implementations in EMEA.
What we are looking for:
· 10-15 years working experience in operations includes SCM, manufacturing, more than 5 years’ experience in leadership position managing certain size and diversified organization.
· Strong functional skills and experience in related activities appropriate for role & responsibilities: Procurement, Sourcing, supplier development, project management, material management,
· Strong general knowledge and capabilities in general Finance, Accounts Payable & Legal in support of primary role & responsibilities
· Vision and strong program management skills, including change management principles
· Excellent influencing / negotiation skills and ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business environment - ability to influence upward, peer-wide, and downward;
· Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change
· Excellent communication skills, especially associated with working in a multi-cultural environment
· Strong drive for results;
· Perfect ethical approach and strong personal values – role model for the regional SCM organization
· Self-directed leadership with minimal supervision & capability to be self-directed & potential to be empowered to next functional level where appropriate
· English language proficiency: High (writing, reading and speaking)
· Business management experience (preferably supply chain functional experience) in an international business environment
What we offer:
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time