Lead Analyst - Benefits Accounting
Within the finance team, our benefits accounting group has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Analyst of Benefits Accounting in our Beachwood, OH facility. Our finance team drives Eaton's fiscal health and properly manages capital to support our strategic objectives.
This position is responsible for coordinating, analyzing, and processing all accounting, forecasting and profit planning requirements for Eaton’s various benefit and compensation programs which include Eaton’s US and Canadian health and welfare plans. This position will collaborate on issues with multiple global corporate functions such as Human Resources, Executive Compensation, and Payroll as well as managing & directing third party administrators, auditors, and consultants.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will complete all aspects of accounting, forecasting and reporting for Eaton’s Canadian health and welfare plans. You will understand changes to plan rules and legislative changes and ensure they are incorporated into the accounting and reporting processes. You will ensure account balances are properly stated
- You will manage the accounting for Eaton's Flexible Spending Program and prepare & reconcile weekly funding activity for the Flexible Spending Account. You will complete quarterly and annual audit of payroll deductions. You will finalize annual escheat report and prepare closing entries. You will authorize third party administrator to make correcting adjustments to employee payroll.
- You will oversee the reporting of the executive life insurance plan (ELIP), which include posting entries to the General Ledger and reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis while ensuring payroll contributions are adequate.
- You will develop and maintain working relationships with Eaton’s outside suppliers to identify and resolve issues, ensure data integrity and compliance with Eaton’s benefit programs
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in general or health care accounting
- This position does not provide relocation. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Eaton's Beachwood, OH facility to be considered.
- This position does not provide sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited institution
- Understanding of health & welfare benefits
- Familiarity with financial systems and processes, leveraging systems capabilities and associated controls
- Experience in Corporate Accounting & Reporting procedures
- Ability to monitor multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to operate and deliver results with minimal day to day supervision
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time