Inspector/Tester C - 3rd Shift
The Inspector/Tester will perform assembly inspection of transformers/regulators at various locations in the assembly plants per established procedures. The individual will also perform electrical testing on assembled single and three phase transformers/regulators per established procedures while monitoring conformance to quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform routine factory dielectric tests per established procedures, including OX (induced), QC impulse, and hipot (applied potential).
- You will perform routine factory loss tests per established procedures, including load loss (winding loss) & no-load loss (core loss).
- You will perform power factor, ratio, and resistance tests per established procedures.
- You will follow routine tests inspect unit nameplate, stamp impedance value on nameplate, and secure nameplate to tested unit.
- You will perform visual inspection of units throughout the assembly process per established procedures.
- You will perform the following tests as required per established procedures: ratio, resistance, leak, continuity, control box, insulation resistance, regulator sub-assembly, regulator modification, regulator run-in.
- You will apply decals and stencils to exterior of unit and perform paint mileage check as required.
- You will complete various company forms to communicate inspection status and other information and to document inspection results per established procedures.
- You will collect various types of data per established procedures as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Education in AC/DC fundamentals, or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Position not eligible for relocation – candidates must reside within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No