Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Sales Engineer – Distribution Channel in Oman, you will be responsible for Power Distribution & Industrial Control products. You will meet goals and objectives, working closely with existing channels and developing new channels to market. You will enhance Eaton’s position and future advantage by developing and sustaining relationships in the channel partner community and their region. You will develop and implement plans and programs with Eaton's Electrical Wholesaler and Distribution Channel Partners in concert with Division Product Line. You will drive the development and implementation of the channel strategy in Oman.
- Manage the Eaton PDCD / ICPD Distribution channels in Oman
- Achieve / exceed sales budget targets as agreed for each FY
- Invest dedicated efforts at learning about Eaton’s product offer and keep this knowledge level updated through regular learning.
- Establish new and maintain existing, good and long-term relationships with Eaton distributors and Resellers in Oman by managing and interpreting their technical and commercial requirements efficiently.
- Engage with resellers, end users, contractors and electricians to generate demand for Eaton products, and drives sell out through existing distributors
- Develop Eaton distribution network , detect and recruit new distributors if necessary
- Enlarge product basket sold to actual distributors
- Actively monitor competition so as to identify and list Eaton features that help differentiate, add value and enhance sales.
- Persuade partners that Eaton products and/or services best satisfy their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance, product education, and after-sales support services.
- Push sales of the complete Eaton range of PDCD, ICD and Enclosures through Distributors, OEMs, Traders…etc.
- Provide training for all the concerned members of the estimation, design, and sales team of partners.
- Generate inquiries for Eaton partners and help convert them into orders including helping them to get Eaton products approved by consultants.
- Drive promotional campaigns and demand creation events with end customers
- Monitor stock levels of distributors and animate retail market
- Strong knowledge of Oman distribution and retail market and channels including competitive knowledge
- 5+ years sales experience in electrical switchgear industry in Oman
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering required
- Experience in managing distribution and reseller channels
- Knowledge of retail market with key players
- Ability to work with electricians and contractors
- Strong sales background with good commercial acumen
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken English
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Middle East
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No