Business Development Specialist - Retail
You will collaborate with product management create effective and profitable product offerings, price strategies and promotional activity, providing financial review and analysis of all promotional programs to determine effectiveness
You will drive increasing share of retail customers hydraulic spend through the effective management of the embedded retail aftermarket team, establishing effective relationships with NAPA distribution centers, company stores, and Jobbers
You will plan strategic and effective spending of Market Development Funds and all other Eaton funded initiatives, providing monthly updates of forecasted spending to Channel Marketing Manager assuring spending does not exceed both the monthly forecast and total available funding
You will provide monthly updates on all key activities and initiatives, quarterly updates on alignment to Retail Aftermarket earnings releases and annual complete customer profile update, with the goal of developing commercial programs and policies that facilitate significant sales growth while maximizing Eaton margin dollars
You will drive growth through leveraging national agreements with the collaboration of Eaton and retail sales resources
You will monitor customer scorecard measures and initiate appropriate actions to continuously improve ratings
You will collaborate with Eaton Hydraulic Division Specialists to communicate, drive and measure corporate growth initiatives within the retail aftermarket companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional/co-op experience in a customer facing, sales, marketing, and/or product management
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within the territory (Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, or Western Pennsylvania), will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Driver’s License
- Experience with Fluid Conveyance products
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
- Ability to understand and manage the complete Eaton channel strategy to assure Eaton’s market share and profit margins are maximized in the aftermarket.
- Ability to comprehend the customers’ business and served markets
Ability to demonstrate communication and leadership skills required to influence, motivate and direct the activities of the sales team and others within the organization to achieve goals.
Ability to multi-task - due to the number of customer programs, issues and initiatives that may be occurring simultaneously.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time