Senior Industrial Designer
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role will have the responsibility of the overall industrial design of the product. This will include necessary Design leadership and hands-on execution in core phases of the Industrial Design process – from concept development, sketching, 3D concept modeling, digital rendering, and definition of Color/Material/Finishes.
This position will work closely with the Industrial Design Manager, Program Manager, Marketing Manager, Optical Design Group, Electrical Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion. The Industrial Designer will be responsible for delivering high quality graphics and presentations driving visual appeal of the team’s design concepts. Presentation of each stage and completion of the project through the utilization of the Eaton PRO-Launch (Six-Sigma) process is required.
Creatively design for Eaton’s Lighting Solutions ID Team and is responsible for translating marketing research and direction to presentations, sketches, visualizations, renderings, prototypes, and CAD modeling. The designer will be involved in every phase of design from concept through production to deliver world-class design solutions.
Create product solutions to stated challenges by analyzing and translating consumer needs into tangible features and benefits.
Develop and present concepts through sketching, 3D modeling and rapid prototyping through a strong demonstration of design thinking.
Design and render using SolidWorks, Keyshot and other 3D packages, with proven visualization abilities using Adobe Creative Suite
Research, forecast and communicate styles and trends as they relate to product design
Works in conjunction with remote engineering and internal resources to create the overall project timeline as well as define deliverables and drive team to completion.
Coordinates with marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with voice of the customer - determine CCR’s (Critical Customer Requirements) and then translate into tangible, desirable product solutions.
Leads projects (communicate vision, manage timelines, meet deliverables)
OTD and quality on performance of work deliveries (Industrial Design Concepts) for various NPI gateway reviews
If you are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from an accredited institution or equivalent.
· Minimum of 6-8 years Industrial/product design experience.
· A minimum of 6 years of relevant, hands-on industrial/product design experience in a consultancy or corporation. International experience a plus
· Demonstrate a mastery of technical skills: Rapid, Iterative Sketch Development, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator are a must), SolidWorks (3D exploration & CAD Development), CAD rendering using Keyshot, CMF Design (Color, Material & Finish), Rapid Prototyping, Graphical Visualization, Sketchbook Pro is a plus.
· A thorough understanding and integration of Design Thinking and User Experience principles in product development.
· Demonstrated ability to create presentations and drive visual appeal to the team’s design concepts.
· Mechanically inclined, with solid understanding of engineering principles, manufacturing processes and materials with emphasis towards medium or high-volume manufacturing.
· Minimum of 5-6 years of experience with and demonstrated proficiency with 3-D modeling software
· Deep curiosity around adjacent areas, including UI/UX, IoT, GUI, materials engineering, and human behavior, and understand how these fields influence the lighting application and design.
· Well-developed written and oral communication skills
· Well-developed and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
· Industrial design experience with lighting company.
· Working knowledge of LED product design including understanding of rendering and conceptual intellect Understanding and appreciation for architectural styles and interior design aesthetics.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No