Sr Supplier Quality Engineer
Implements appropriate quality procedures for the areas of: Entrance Inspection and Supplier Development.
Coordinates and controls: Implementation of activities related to Supplier Quality System, Process of parts approval/ products.
Co-lead or participate in quality planning for product or process development activity
Co-lead or participate in supplier quality system assessments
Demonstrate experience in measurement systems analysis
Lead cross-functional problem solving and process improvement initiatives
Lead supplier advanced quality planning activity through the product development / launch cycle
Train or mentor others in problem solving techniques
Conduct supplier quality system assessments
Manage the MRB area to reduce and maintain in low levels the amount of parts in the cage.
Notify to supplier about defective material and manage the containment activities and corrective actions.
Receive , review and follow up PPAP approval process to achieve PPAP approvals for current/new part numbers.
Folow up Focus 5 program to help suppliers with low quality performance to improve quality and track results on monthly basis to achieve take them out of the Focus 5 list.
Has the authority to stop shipment and stop production to correct quality problems.
- 3+ years of experience in areas of similar areas.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanics or Electronics.
- Fluent in English/Spanish (conversational & written).
- Thinks and Acts strategically.
- Gets results.
- Builds Organizational Capability.
- Leadership attributes (passionate, accountable, ethical, learn, transparent, efficient)
To be the preferred supplier to customers and channel partners
To make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees
To make our communities stronger
To ensure the safety, health and wellness of our employees
To be a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry
To be active stewards of the environmentEHS Commitment
- Promotes “Zero Culture” in the work area.
- Participate in all 100% of the legal and corporate EHS trainings.
- Reporting unsafe conditions and behaviors, such as “Near misses”, “Gembas”, and “Couching programs”
- Establishes and prioritizes CI objectives, define metrics and stretch goals, define and prioritize actions, and manage resources.
- Selects and assesses direct reports competencies and establishes development plans to achieve and maintain required levels.
- Leads plan execution and coaching.
- Reviews and tracks improvement plans and manages change.
- Assesses processes under his/her responsibility using EBS tools, identifies improvement opportunities and acts.
- Promotes recognition culture.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time