Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. This position is based at our Grand Rapids, Michigan facility.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for being the liaison with operations to analyze and explain all manufacturing variances and help in identifying corrective actions. In this role, you will Serves as a key contributor to the monthly closing & rolling forecast processes providing high quality, timely, and accurate information to the controller and accounting team. Additionally, responsible for making journal entries and providing guidance on accounting adjustments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide support for SOX related activities around document requirements and assessment completion.
- You will be responsible for the reviewing, analyzing, and updating of product costs. Maintain internal controls of inventory through reliable financial reporting and the proper safeguarding of assets for the Grand Rapids operation.
- You will analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identifies business drivers, and evaluates their impact on the planned objectives. Prepare insightful variance analysis with commentary to aid management in business decisions.
- You will assist with recommendations, development, and implementation of process improvements in support of departmental goals.
- You will serve as an financial business partner to budget owners in monthly forecasting, financial reporting & analysis, and the annual development of departmental budgets.
- You will assist in preparation of strategic planning activities, profit planning, and month end closing requirements.
- You will lead standard cost roll and year-end LIFO reporting, and preparing year end reports required by WHQ.
- You will perform analysis/reconciliation of balance sheet and miscellaneous income statement accounts on a monthly basis. Review and resolve variances and report on outcomes of research.
- You will coordinate and lead the site’s physical inventory and ensures the accuracy of inventory and making adjustments and performance analysis as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of finance and accounting experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company Sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Knowledge of data processing in particular with financial applications such as Oracle of MFG Pro
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- knowledge of government contract accounting principles and practices
- Manufacturing experience
- Cost accounting experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time