Welder - 3rd Shift
- You will check material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints against customer specifications for accuracy.
- You will cut and trim material using oxygen-acetylene torch and plasma when required.
- You will assemble component parts to front plates checking part numbers and locations against blueprints. You will also splice multiple pieces of material to make up front plate and other tank components.
- You will assemble and weld front plate, tank bottom and tank body, including corrugate, providing all leak proof seams.
- You will grind excess weld from seams, edges and gasket seats to improve the fit of parts. You will also scrape and wipe down unit to ensure it meets applicable customer requirements.
- You will set tank on conveyor line, stamping with employee identification number.
- You will attach shop order to unit with initials signed on it.
- You will operate jib and bridge crane to move and position heavy parts and assemblies.
- You will assist co-workers with the assembling and tipping of large units when necessary
- High School education or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 1 year Technical School diploma AND/OR minimum of 2 years welding experience in mig and arc welding.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefit will be provided to candidates who live outside 50 miles from Waukesha, WI.
- Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test with a score greater or equal to 80%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only