Senior Sustaining Customer Product Engineer
- You will provide senior engineering support on assigned products for both internal and external customers. This may include working in the engineering lab doing troubleshooting, fault isolation and analysis, as well as testing of changes to firmware or hardware of the product.
- You will provide senior engineering support for large Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) customer(s). They facilitate weekly meetings and report the current progress of issues that have previously been reported in a clear and concise manner.
- You will analyze field issues, and customer issues to identify root cause and implement closed loop corrective action. You will ensure effective collaboration and communication with global design and manufacturing locations to help determine root cause and resolution of issues
- You will evaluate engineering change requests (ECRs) from manufacturing and service personnel for feasibility and correctness. You will prepare ECRs and engineering change orders (ECO) to correct, update, enhance and improve documentation. This includes modifying, checking changed mechanical drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM’s), completing the impact analysis, etc
- You will develop and implement functional improvements in the department based on lessons learned, best practices and standardization. You will work with new product development (NPD) team to teach lessons learned of existing product issues and obtain necessary knowledge of new products before their production launch.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers and manufacturing facilities to determine opportunities for product cost savings and other product enhancements.
- You will work with purchasing and manufacturing to address obsolete end of life (EOL) component issues before the components are no longer available.
- You will work with the Quality and the NPI organization to provide product improvements and feedback based on analysis or previous product failure trends.
- You will demonstrates being a role model for safety including maintaining a safe and organized lab area
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong knowledge of Information Technology and Network connectivity
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Order systems
- Six Sigma Design certification and experience
- Work experience with Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) systems
- Work experience in a Product Support Engineering role
- Experience interfacing with customers
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting electrical electronic equipment in a lab environment
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate customer focus and customer experience
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate high level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to self-motivate, self-manage, be team-oriented, Proactive
- Ability to work cross-functionally and globally
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time