- You will work in a supportive engineering team environment, apply sound engineering guidelines and practice to guide sustaining engineering tasks relating to design, review, fabrication, modification and evaluation of mechanical parts.
- You will perform prototype testing and evaluations, root cause analysis on products and design/production processes; Participates in sustaining engineering tasks and projects with significant scope and complexity
- You will contribute to the development of standard work to improve department efficiency and effectiveness, as well as the creation of design guidelines
- You will guide new product development of additively/composite manufactured applications for the joints product line.
- You will perform drawing reviews through the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process, conduct design reviews under the direction of the assigned technical leader. Ensures timely and accurate execution of ECOs
- You will lead DFMEA efforts for sustaining activities and ensures follow up on the actions from the DFMEA; Participates in PFMEA efforts
- You will define test procedures and setups for development, acceptance, and qualification testing. Coordinate with Test Labs, monitor testing and review data to assure compliance to the established requirements.
- You will motivate and educate site engineering on using additive manufacturing to solve tough technical problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in mechanical design.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation- Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beltsville, MD site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering and/or Advanced degree.
- 1 year experience in mechanical design of sealed conveyance components or systems (tubes, ducting, rigid and flexible joints and couplers, flanges)
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 and PROEngineer Wildfire
- DFSS: FEA/FEM experience, testing, Green Belt, DOE Design of Experiments.
- Testing and Certification of Aerospace Components. RTCA - DO160.
- Knowledge of AS1650, AS7510, AS1710, and Aerospace Fluid Conveyance a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships within the function.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective intra and inter-departmental relationships at all levels. Facilitate consensus solutions to effectively resolve problems and issues.
- Proven track record of New Product Development, Sustaining Engineering, and/or Research and Development.
- Ability to perform preliminary structural and mechanical analysis through FEA and/or kinematic simulation.
- Understanding of fluid conveyance related products, manufacturing techniques, and material science .
- Ability to effectively develop 3D CAD models and drafting per MIL-STD-100.
- Ability to effectively document and present results of technical activities.
- Ability to organize information, produce well written reports and prepare technical presentations.
- Ability to effectively document and present results of technical activities. Design, analyze and optimize products capable of meeting customer requirements and industry standards through the use of existing, modified, and/or new designs;
- Provide on-site support during physical verification of analytic methods at test lab(s) to ensure successful product qualification test program;
- Contribute to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard material, and difficult coordination issues
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time