Engineering Manager – Harsh and Hazardous Environment Solutions
The primary responsibility of this role is to design and develop Life Safety products to meet customer specific technical, cost and market related technology requirement
· Working with global stakeholders, develop and implement strategy for the focus areas of Harsh and Hazardous Environment Solutions for Crouse Hinds Division (CHD).
· Drive alignment and collaboration with CHD Engineering Leadership located globally.
· Provide leadership in executing the strategic and operational plans to achieve measurable outputs in terms of New Product Launches, Cost outs, Sustaining Engineering and Intellectual Property generation.
· Build Organizational capability – Hire and develop talent; Continuously assess, propose and implement the changes to organization structure to build effective teams
· Build and leverage synergies between Product, CoE & CRT teams at EIIC and teams across Eaton
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Leadership experience in managing a diverse engineering team from multiple locations
• Provides leadership for the team to meet its short and long term goals. Provide leadership to innovate new differentiating products and services
• Lead strategic initiatives to improve the timelines and quality of deliverables.
• Lead innovation events to shape ideas from the team
• Design and development of Products containing Electronics, Firmware, Application Software’s & Enclosure Designs.
• Conduct Reviews to requirement analysis and design. Identification of deviations from the requirements analysis, other errors and improvements
• Synergies and leverage engineering capabilities across groups.
• Manage department budget and performance to forecast
• Recruit and retain a team of engineers and support staff to provide both local product development and engineering services to the Global engineering needs.
• Train, develop & motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals & review their accomplishments
• Understand stakeholder requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
• Develop and control the schedule and direct the work in order to effectively manage time.
• Monitor progress & achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development & support activities.
• Manage and develop people: identify, attract and develop key engineering talent for the organization.
• Leverage DFX concepts such as DFSS, DFR, DFM, DFS, DFE to drive NPI efficacy.
• Teach, Mentor and Coach DfX Green belt certifications for EIEC engineering community
• Drive Functional excellence through Continuous improvement using CI methodology
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering.
12+ years’ experience in Design of Embedded Systems and Components
· Minimum 12 years relevant experience with 5+ years in leadership & people management.
· Sound knowledge & demonstrated experience of full Embedded System Product development life cycle on multiple projects including requirements, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification
· Good knowledge of the structure and functionality of embedded microcontrollers.
· Knowledge in automation technology, serial communication protocols and embedded controllers and operating systems beneficial
· Proven skills in hiring and developing technical talent around the Electrical product or system development life cycle.
· Sound Knowledge and experience with process frameworks such as requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools
· Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for Hardware/Software procurement, building test lab setups etc.
· Excellent communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity is required
· DFSS Trained and Certified
· Experience in leading and managing engineering teams delivering products & solutions for Electrical products
· Quality systems and engineering management
· PMP Certified
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only