Materials Business Team Leader
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Materials Business Team Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, Nebraska facility.
The Materials Business Team Leader is responsible for supervising MRO buyer, all 5 on-site vendors, Materials Analyst, and all material production support (receiving, shipping, material handling) across 3 shifts, 24 hours per day, 5-6 days per week. In this role you will be working with production to own all production and inventory transactions to ensure data integrity. The Team Lead will spear head creation/updating of all standard work & job instructions for receiving, shipping, and material handling in accordance with MMA, and ensuring all direct reports are properly signed of yearly in compliance to job instructions. You will monitor daily ship reports ensuring 0 lines shipped early, 0 lines shipped late, 0 penalties for customer owned freight, and 0 penalties for drop in orders. You will also be performing daily process checks and Gembas as required. This person will lead daily materials meetings and coordinating actions and projects as required to improve safety, quality, delivery, profit, and excellence through people metrics. You will update monthly materials related metrics as required. This role leads materials related projects and rapid improvement events as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will update daily, weekly, and monthly metrics and reports and manage documents and projects as assigned by Materials Manager
- You will support opportunities to improve safety, accuracy and quality, on-time delivery, financial performance, and excellence thru people. Conduct weekly & monthly materials team meetings to review progress of the team goals.
- You will drive consistency and effectiveness in the output of your team by standardizing the work of each team member and holding them accountable to it following it. Maintain work area 5S and assist in department / team housekeeping efforts. Adhere to plant policies and procedures as well as assure adherence to plant policies and procedures by team members.
- You will manage & monitor MRO purchasing activity, invoicing resolutions, all cost savings related opportunities.
- You will monitor inbound and outbound logistics data, then utilize the data to identify improvement activities to generate cost savings and improve delivery efficiency
- You will collaborate with division logistics team to implement improvements.
- You will prepare and conduct annual and biannual performance appraisals for team members using the APEX tool.
- You will conduct monthly / quarterly one-on-one discussions with direct reports to review their performance to their goals & objectives. Feedback will be based APEX Performance Management Goals & Objectives & Competencies, Materials Balanced Scorecard metrics, and Action-Item Tracking tool as well as on specific examples where they have or have not exhibited the desired behaviors.
- You are responsible for standardizing and documenting all of the processes that are key for managing materials activities.
- You will manage the planning of and activities on the day(s) of annual plant physical inventory.
- You will participate as required in general plant and departmental communication.
- You will manage all on-site vendors to ensure compliance with all plant policies & regulations, and vendors meet expected cost saving requirements defined in contract.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 1 to 3 years materials management experience
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in successfully leading people
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or business-related field preferred
- APICS CPIM
- Experience within the automotive sector
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Experience with warehouse layout and design with emphasis on maximizing space utilization.
- Proficiency in an MRP or ERP system
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Willing to spend 10% of time on off shifts.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time