Quality Engineering Intern
Eaton’s Ephesus Lighting located in Syracuse, NY has an opening for a Quality Engineer Intern for Summer 2019.
Eaton's Ephesus Lighting designs and manufactures high-output LED lighting and control solutions for challenging applications in the industrial and sporting markets. Ephesus is focused on innovating advanced LED solutions that will enrich and illuminate the world by creating brighter, more vibrant and more sustainable environments. Recent successes include NFL stadiums (Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings) and NHL arenas (Nashville Predators, Ottawa Senators) as well as a wide variety of collegiate, municipal and industrial installations.
In addition to supporting the quality function, as Quality Engineering Intern you will complete an exciting and robust project over the duration of your internship that will address a true business need. Projects are assigned prior to your starting with us and will be catered to utilize existing skill-sets while pushing you to develop new ones that you will use throughout your career. The internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
- Push projects to completion and present results to senior business leaders
- Participate in required processes and actions to verify industry leading lighting systems, ensuring strict adherence to quality standards
- Investigate and track metrics for customer returns and field failures. Conduct root-cause analysis and develop corrective actions.
- Assist in screening test procedures to be used at contract manufacturing locations.
- Support new product launches quality deliverables.
· Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Engineering or related field
· Minimum of a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 (please do not round)
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship on an on-going basis
· Prior engineering experience is a plus
· Willingness to learn
· Strong PC skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Ability to work in a professional, fast paced environment
· Aptitude for problem solving and conflict resolution
· Completion of sophomore year by the start of the internship is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time