Software Engineering Co-op
Eaton’s Ephesus Lighting located in Syracuse, NY has an opening for a Software Engineering Co-op for the 2019 Spring and Summer terms.
Eaton's Lighting Division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future. Eaton’s Ephesus Lighting designs and manufactures high-output LED lighting and control solutions for challenging applications in the industrial and sporting markets. Ephesus is focused on innovating advanced LED solutions that will enrich and illuminate the world by creating brighter, more vibrant and more sustainable environments. Recent successes include NFL stadiums (Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons), MLB stadiums (Texas Rangers) and NHL arenas (Nashville Predators, Ottawa Senators) as well as a wide variety of collegiate, municipal and industrial installation.
As Software Engineering Co-op you will complete a challenging and robust engineering project over the duration of your term that will address a true business need. Projects are assigned prior to your starting with us and will be catered to utilize existing skillsets while pushing you to develop new ones that you will use throughout your career. The co-op culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
- Develop user-friendly, intuitive, and engaging web applications for our lighting control systems on iOS and Android platforms
- Participate in the complete product life-cycle (definition, design, build, test, release, and maintenance)
- Work with teams of engineers, marketing, and designers throughout the development process
- Understand how the data created by Ephesus Lighting products will be consumed in our other systems and by our customers
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Candidate must have an overall GPA of a 3.0 (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Prior engineering experience is a plus
- Willingness to learn
- Should have a focus on the customer and application of problem-solving methodologies
- Possess a drive for results
- Completion of sophomore year by the start of the internship is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time