- You will act as the lead and owns all aspects of a project such as customer liaison activities, specifications clarification, implementation of change orders, sequencing activities and establishing deliverables, establishing start-up requirements and working with the field service team to schedule commissioning/servicing activities
- You will administer and track overall project margin and will be responsible for implementing continuous improvements to the project management methodology on an ongoing basis
- You will work with project stakeholders to suggest and implement improvements and/or modifications to project scope, deliverables, timelines and resources and provide ongoing communication and updates to finance for POC (Percent of Completion) tracking
You will work with various functional groups to manage changes/change notices (i.e. inside sales, customer service, supply chain and operations) and provide ongoing monitoring and communication of deliverables to stakeholders, agents, distributors, and end-user locations
You will utilize established project management tools in addition to maintaining visual timelines for each project to ensure unified effort and coordination at the customer site
You will work with the Field Services team to ensure timely and accurate completion of startup, commissioning and customer training activities
You will conduct post mortem or lessons learned review with key stakeholder as part of the continuous improvement effort to achieve world class project management standards in the lighting industry
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Syracuse, NY will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with MS Office including PC skills, Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, both planned and within short notice
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate written and oral communication skills required to write formal reports of findings
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to demonstrate a strong professional presence
- Ability to act as a team player
- Ability to demonstrate strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s overall success
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time