Area Sales Manager
- You will lead Service Sales Specialists towards reaching their financial, territory, and personal development goals.
- You will develop a dynamic sales plan for the territory, incorporating the full suite of Eaton Engineering Services.
- You will identify market shifts while being fully aware of new service offerings and competition status.
- You will set annual quotas and forecast monthly sales in the region.
- You will collaborate with all channel partners and Vertical Segment colleagues in reaching service sales objectives.
- You will build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- You will conduct and/or participate in high-level sales calls, sales meetings, training, in-house demonstration for sales prospects, etc.
- You will provide coaching, strategic direction, and powerful feedback to the sales team, offering guidance in matters relative to customer relations, pricing, and forecasting.
- You will recruit, hire, and develop highly talented salespeople.
- You will ensure safety at all levels and locations.
- Previous experience managing people and channels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of integrity
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations and employee development
- Strong knowledge of managing services, service applications and distribution channels
- Significant sales presence such as that the candidate can clearly command in difficult sales situations
- Experience in growing sales and market share, channel development and developing employee talent
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years electrical industry sales, marketing, and/or engineering experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing
- Prior people management experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time