- You will consult with plant and field sales engineers in interpreting and defining new equipment applications.
- You will complete and manage small/large projects to completion in meeting deadlines with little or no supervision required.
- You will select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
- You will coordinate and design mechanical and electrical interfaces with other products.
- You will advise C.O.D/C.O.E., Manufacturing and Purchasing (as needed) in interpreting information for the accurate production of equipment in accordance with the purchaser’s requirements. Interfaces regularly with remote Engineering locations including Juarez, MX and Pune, IN in the processing of customer orders. Acts as “Lead” for all COE orders in Arden location.
- You will consult with the Quality Department in resolving issues after the equipment is shipped, when required.
- You will perform standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Engineering program from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date no later than December 2018
- Minimum of one year of engineering experience including internships and co-ops
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Three years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of power distribution and control systems
- Knowledge of automatic Transfer Switch products
- A C.O.E. acquires shop orders based upon experience, degree of difficulty, participation in special projects, speed of performance. Other elements of primary role are described under Major Responsibilities.
- Since the C.O.E.’s output drives most other functions dealing with a shop order, accuracy and timeliness can have a major impact on the overall quality and timeliness of the finished product.
- Fundamentals of Electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of established design standards
- Excellent Computer Skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), AutoCAD
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time