- You will plan all maintenance work orders by analyzing basic job steps, determining their relative sequence, and identifying parts, materials, special tools, safety requirements, heavy equipment, and skills required for each step.
- You will develop cost estimates, man-hour estimates, craft requirements, and contract services needed. Review engineering drawings and sketches necessary to complete the work order plan.
- You will maintain an appropriate backlog of effectively planned work ready for scheduling based on priorities established by Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering.
- You will prepare daily work schedules to maximize efficiency of corrective, preventive, and improvement maintenance.
- You will hold weekly planning /scheduling meetings with maintenance and production supervisors to determine short and long term priorities. Schedule maintenance activities to ensure the priorities are satisfied and develop standard work for common maintenance tasks
- You will review all completed work orders to document completed work, record material used, and determine craft hours spent versus the job plan estimate. Also direct the efforts to maintain proper records for cost and repair history of equipment.
- You will work directly with Maintenance and Production Supervisors to plan preventative and corrective maintenance work orders, develop weekly and long-term schedules, and plan plant shutdowns.
- You will ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported for equipment reliability and maintenance department performance.
- You will set-up and maintain Preventive Maintenance (PM) work orders established in the CMMS including: job plans, frequency of work, etc. including heat treat processes/equipment
- You will train maintenance/operations personnel in proper use of CMMS to ensure highest quality work orders are produced and maintained for future reference and develop vendor relationship to optimize parts and service cost and quality
- You will actively participate to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency in our drive to become World Class
- Associate degree and 2 years’ experience in Maintenance planning;
- or GED and 3 years of professional experience in maintenance planning
- Hands-on experience in maintaining and troubleshooting CNC machines required
- Must be legally be able to work without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience in maintaining gear cutting CNC equipment such as Gleason, Okuma, Mazak, Makino, Hurth is a plus
- Experience in maintaining heat treat equipment (Ipsen furnaces) a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only