Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will manage all commercial aspects for assigned product in North America, including program bidding and negotiation, commercial warranty claims, commercial impacts to program scope changes, and all other commercial and pricing activities associated with the account(s). Collaborates globally (as needed) with Eaton peers to solidify new opportunities, often leading the global quoting process.
You will develop, in collaboration with the Product Strategy Manager, a comprehensive customer roadmap to define engine and platform opportunities, aligning Eaton’s portfolio with customer needs & initiatives.
You will align Sales Leadership to identify and communicate critical customer expectations.
You will articulate clear understanding of current/future targets for relevant product market shares, competitive positioning, pricing strategies and standard profits which achieve Eaton's expectations. Benchmarks with other internal or external sales departments to assure best practices are utilized.
You will relentlessly monitor market dynamics (global and regional) including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to counteract these pressures to management.
You will utilize Eaton Business System´s Value Cycle process and tools to develop (in consensus with product managers) and deploy comprehensive value based pricing strategies which are market driven, based on value provided, and the competitive landscape.
You will take ownership of total customer satisfaction for assigned products. Establishes and executes customer scorecard reviews with operations to ensure customer satisfaction is improves and actions are being taken, as appropriate. .
You will provides customer interface strategy (points of contacts, frequency) and builds strong rapport with key customer decision-makers.
You will develop the appropriate customer sales forecast for the annual business plans (profit plan, strategic plan).
You will spend majority of time at customer locations, supporting product development meetings and seeking new opportunities
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the automotive industry
- Must poses valid U.S. driver's license required
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Southfield, MI will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future
- 5 years selling automotive products to OEMs or Tier 1 Suppliers (GM, Ford , FCA), with understanding of value based selling and pricing
- Knowledge of valve-train and axle and driveline systems
- MBA preferred
Position Success Criteria :
- Excellent interpersonal communication and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a matrix environment
- Understanding key financial metrics such as standard costs, manufacturing profit, bill of materials, and income statements.
- Deep understanding of excel and demonstrated ability to manage and summarize large amounts of data
- Ability to influence outside of a direct reporting relationship and leverage resources
- Evidence of leadership skills with the ability to develop strong relationships, align with regional business goals, think strategically, adapt to change and develop strategies are critical to this role.
- Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution of business plans
- Understanding of Driveline technologies and OEM architectures
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Project, Excel)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time