Senior Engineer- Product Line Support
2. Develop projects through Pro Launch System focus on improvements.
3. Provide technical soundness of design decisions and products changes to facilitate manufacturing, reduce cost, substitute material, improve quality and accommodate special customer needs.
4. Prevent and correct manufacturing issues that affect product function ability
5. Plan and execute design strategies that minimize the implementation on cycle time and cost.
6. Support quality specification of existent products.
7. Perform laboratory test according to the product.
8. Review, control and maintenance of deviation system.
9. Responsible to update, generate reports according to the area requirements
10. Work with manufacturing plants on plans, processes and strategies to accomplish a trouble free introduction of products into manufacturing.
11. Request capital as needed in projects
12. Monitor breaker testing results and performance levels and align product enhancement activities to drive a reduction in third party holds and increased endurance and design margins.
13. Interface with test lab personnel and US engineering team to evaluate and resolve product holds.
14. Interface with manufacturing and quality assurance personnel in establishing quality requirements and process controls for circuit breaker components, sub-assemblies, and final products.
15. Use of PRO Launch on new product development and product line transfer.
16. Comply with EQS, Lean and Pro-Launch procedures and policies.
Qualificationso Bachelor degree in Electronic.
o Minimum experience of 3–5 years in similar positions.
o Bilingual: English/Spanish.
o Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400
o Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma and ISO9001.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time