Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The manufacturing operator is responsible for hands-on product manufacturing, material movement and storage, assembly and quality testing. Eaton offers a market competitive salary of $15.00/hour for your first year of employment, plus overtime. After the first year of employment, your pay will increase according to the position you hold at that time. Health and medical benefits begin on your first day of employment. Eaton offers competitive plans with Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Delta Dental and Eye Med Vision. Hourly employees receive a retirement pension and have the opportunity to contribute to a 401k Savings Plan.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be active in creating a safe work place and following safety best practices.
- You will work on cross functional Lean/Continuous Improvement Teams to improve manufacturing process efficiency and customer quality and delivery performance.
- You will assemble products using machines and hand tools.
- You will test assemblies using test machinery.
- You will inspect parts using fixtures, gages, and other inspection equipment.
- You will ship/Receive dock, stockroom, material movement, and packaging activities.
- You will use computers to view and edit manufacturing documents, transact inventory, and enter/track/maintain/analyze production data.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED completion from an accredited institution is required.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Jackson area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Ability to work different shifts and be able to change shifts
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution environment.
- Associates Degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Experience with production and inventory tracking software.
- Demonstrated aptitude using computers, math, and blueprint reading skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No