Software Engineer (C++) (m/w/d)
- Development and maintenance of the runtime system of our visualization tool Galileo.
- Implementation of communication interfaces for Feldbus, Ethernet and IoT systems.
- Conception of new product features.
- Support of the test and support team.
- Close cooperation with the operating system development.
- Collaboration with team colleagues from St. Gallen, Bonn and EEIC Prague.
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering FH or ETH.
- 3 years' experience in software development.
- Good programming skills in C ++.
- Experience in handling and programming of Feldbus systems and PLC desirable (eg Profibus, Modbus, CoDeSys).
- Experience in the field of IoT connection desirable.
- Experience of GUI development (e.g., Qt, OpenGL) would be a plus.
- English in spoken and written, German is a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No