SCM - Senior Buyer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer (SCM) to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS location.
This position will focus on Jackson, MS Aerospace for purchases and programs based in North America. This position will maintain an essential balance between plant operations, supplier quality, engineering changes, delivery expectations, and cost reduction metric opportunities. LI-JS1
- Develop commodity strategy for assigned commodities.
- Leads supplier selection for material and component requirements for assigned commodities. Work with all other Departments to assure Eaton’s customer approval on a timely basis.
- Negotiation with suppliers regarding price, terms, quality, tooling, etc. Develop and negotiate supply agreements when needed. Negotiate consignment and/or supplier set up with supply base to assist with inventory days on hand.
- Utilizes shared service teams in overseas locations. Develop and ensure standard work implantation for the commodity strategy.
- Lead activities (i.e., PPAP, supplier approval process, specification/print development when necessary, trials, etc.) during supplier transitions. Coordinate cost estimating for new transition projects.
- Coordinates the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality.
- Negotiates resolution (as required) of Eaton claims (i.e., cost, time, rework, scrap, and labor, sorting charges) with suppliers regarding non-conforming material.
- Lead teams working towards continuous process improvements projects and participate in rapid improvement events.
- Supports the corporate sponsored IDEAS program and its associated activities and tools.
- Develops productive relationships with others in Supply Chain Management, in particular Eaton category and commodity team, supplier development, plant operations, customer service, and supplier quality.
- Complies with Eaton standardize SCM process and policies both locally and at the corporate level.
- Participate and lead Tier 1 daily meetings with local and shared service team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• At least 3 – 5 years of Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
• No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Jackson, MS will be considered for this position.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Knowledge of MRP, Lean Mfg., Vendor Managed Inventory
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge or experience regarding machining processes
- Experience with sourcing and supply base management
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Data management skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time