Field Service Technician
- You will perform emergency and preventive maintenance and installation on a 24/7 on-call basis with regional responsibility.
- You will be responsible for performing on-site or in-house servicing and repair of company products.
- You will provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- You will serve as customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- You will provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as the customer contact on technical and service related problems.
- College diploma OR Certified Electrician from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Edmonton, AB facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Experience in electrical/electronics service work
- Minimum of 3 years of UPS, battery technologies or electronics experience
- Must have the ability to utilize drawings, mathematics, handbook formulas and a variety of precision diagnostic instruments.
- Must demonstrate proficiency on all products and field processes before being dispatched to the field.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory, analog and digital electronic circuit theory and microprocessor controls and programming.
- Basic understanding of network functionality, fiber optics and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Must be proficient in the use of test equipment and software programs.
- Adheres to all published WSG safety standards.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills.
PC Proficiency including Microsoft Windows.
- Customer focus and time management skills are essential.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time