Eaton is currently seeking a Facilities Manager to provide leadership for the Facilities, Safety and Security functions for the Southfield, Michigan facility.
This position’s primary function is to assure the optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, fire/life safety, elevators, etc. Provides leadership for a staff of employees in the maintenance of Southfield Campus buildings and grounds. Oversees contractors for all renovation projects including mechanical aspects. Utilizes broad base of experience and judgment in the profession to plan and accomplish goals. Creates and updates facility strategy in align with functional strategies. Ensures that all projects are completed using project management methodology, with monitoring of cost, quality and timeliness. Effectively communicates with customers and internal stakeholders across the facilities function.
Actively works with Vehicle Group EHS Manager in aligning Southfield Campus EHS activities to Corporate direction. This includes, ensuring local compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations through process, policy and procedure.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead all activity relating to planning, construction, maintenance, remodeling, expansion of all Eaton Southfield buildings in Southfield, Michigan. Including grounds, parking lots, land and facility related equipment.
- You will create a yearly budget and financial forecast, monitors spending on a continuous basis, and provides monthly adjustments to the forecast as required.
- You will ensure all projects completed take into account "standards" deployment and incorporation of Eaton's brand.
- You will evaluate the capital needs for the campus and recommends current and future improvements.
- You will promote a metric-driven service organization with appropriate systems to accept, prioritize, track and complete work requests.
- You will ensure that applicable training for direct workforce and in-direct workforce is completed to meet all regulatory & Eaton objectives. Working closely with Vehicle Group EHS, lead the local implementation of MESH, either directly or through dotted line and/or functional experts.
- You will direct and participate in the formation of MESH teams to align functional responsibility to the EHS initiatives.
- You will ensure that required safety inspections of equipment are conducted in conformance to Federal, State, Local and Eaton requirements.
- You will drive & promote zero incident Environmental Health and Safety culture throughout campus.
- You will foster an environment which promotes Eaton's goals, values & philosophy. Help staff to understand how their role contributes to the overall success of the team and impacts in the community.
- You will ensure effective communication and coordination within the department, and between the department and other parts of the organization. Assist in communicating with the Site Leadership team during executive monthly meetings.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience Environmental, Health and Safety processes for Facilities.
- Minimum of 7 years of industrial experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Southfield, MI to be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Masters degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- 2 years of experience management people.
Position Success Criteria :
- Must be results-oriented and highly adaptable.
- Supportive team player in a corporate environment.
- Ability to achieve results in a matrix environment.
- Ability to influence outside of a direct reporting relationship.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to balance between delegation and a hands-on approach with critical assignments.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Business Services
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time